The Best Sentence of the Day

This blog is a cut-up of a dissertation in progress. Each day, I will post my favorite sentence that I have newly scribed. Everything out of context, but suggestive. I hope.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm a game designer, a games researcher, and a future forecaster. I make games that give a damn. I study how games change lives. I spend a lot of my time figuring out how the games we play today shape our real-world future. And so I'm trying to make sure that a game developer wins a Nobel Prize by the year 2032. Learn more here in my bio or get my contact information on my contact page.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Best Sentence #45

Today, I wrote a mere two pages. But they're two chewy and important pages. I've had a hard time organizing and road-mapping the writing I've already done for Chapter 3. These pages help it make sense to me... and hopefully to the reader.

*

Here, the possibility space is a literal concept: the many potential sites for computing need to be named, occupied and tested.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ballard said...

Have you considered a version for those not indoctrinated into the language of performance studies?

"Ubiquitous Gaming for the Complete Idiot"?

7:08 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Lol I love that idea. Actually, the book I want to write first after my dissertation is completely non-academic: Game Hacks (think O'Reilly hacks series). How to create your own ubiquitous games wherever you go! (Yes, that's actually something I hope to write and having been mentally outline for awhile.)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home