The Best Sentence of the Day

This blog is a cut-up of a dissertation in progress. Each day, I will post my favorite sentence that I have newly scribed. Everything out of context, but suggestive. I hope.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm a game designer, a games researcher, and a future forecaster. I make games that give a damn. I study how games change lives. I spend a lot of my time figuring out how the games we play today shape our real-world future. And so I'm trying to make sure that a game developer wins a Nobel Prize by the year 2032. Learn more here in my bio or get my contact information on my contact page.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Best Sentence #97

The strong sense of community forged through ubiquitous games, indeed, creates a sense of collective empowerment among the players. To what ends the players put their new sense of collective empowerment remains, as a matter of history, to be seen. However, by way of speculating about the future of the ubiquitous gaming network, I want to conclude this chapter by considering the ways in which the collective metaphors discussed here may ultimately give rise to further collective play outside the game.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

The strong sense of community forged through ubiquitous games, indeed, creates a sense of collective empowerment among the players...may ultimately give rise to further collective play outside the game.

This is yet another reason I'm interested in the topic. I do hope we'll have the opportunity to read your entire work when it is finally complete.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

indeed, I will be making selected chapters available on my website, and the whole thing upon request, but only with people who promise to engage me in interesting conversation about it so I can hear your thoughts on the matter as well! :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Conversation I can promise...engaging, well, no guarantees!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home