The Best Sentence of the Day

This blog is a cut-up of a dissertation in progress. Each day, I will post my favorite sentence that I have newly scribed. Everything out of context, but suggestive. I hope.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm a game designer, a games researcher, and a future forecaster. I make games that give a damn. I study how games change lives. I spend a lot of my time figuring out how the games we play today shape our real-world future. And so I'm trying to make sure that a game developer wins a Nobel Prize by the year 2032. Learn more here in my bio or get my contact information on my contact page.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Best Sentence #69

Finally, onto the good stuff.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the chapters on alternate reality gaming.

*

In A Theory of Fun, game designer Raph Koster writes: “Usually our brains have to do hard work to turn messy reality into something as a clear as a game is” (36).

2 Comments:

Blogger CLARE said...

This blog is really cool!

I don't understand what most of it means (being from a diff field) but is interesting all the same! Great idea. Maybe someone could write a dissertation by taking sentences from other dissertations and seeing what they came up with?! Mine was on Bite BLock Voice Disguise - I bet that comes up with some weird combinations!

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

could've come up with a better one for 69

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home