The Best Sentence of the Day

This blog is a cut-up of a dissertation in progress. Each day, I will post my favorite sentence that I have newly scribed. Everything out of context, but suggestive. I hope.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm a game designer, a games researcher, and a future forecaster. I make games that give a damn. I study how games change lives. I spend a lot of my time figuring out how the games we play today shape our real-world future. And so I'm trying to make sure that a game developer wins a Nobel Prize by the year 2032. Learn more here in my bio or get my contact information on my contact page.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Best Sentence #1

For the lit-philes among you, you might notice the shoutout. Feel free to show off your intertextual expertise in the comments!

The literature of game studies, you might say, is strewn with the wreckage of others—other frameworks, other names, and other positions.

11 Comments:

Blogger remotedevice said...

I'd post the reference...if I minded beyond reason the opinion of others.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

tah rah rah... you are correct indeed! and clever to boot. tah rah rah...

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u r very sweet

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha very sensetive man u'r interesting me like dis can ya forget it , and talk ab'ot something else make us helpful ..
make baaloul safety..........hey lord..m the king:P:P

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUCK YOU LORD |>>>>>|...|<<<<<|

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

weak man (babe) m the lord of the penis:D:D m a kinda gay searching for a men from 40 + to make sex wid them..naked men..plz plz lord !!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really interesting

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are very clever

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are very sweet

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Don_Liston said...

Every piece of software, computer and telecommunications device used by players to interact with I Love Bees was a technology that could be put to use in real-world CI work.
My thought on this: You need to use every before computer and telecommunications to maintain the subject noun phrase syntax (NP).
Or even better perhaps, would be to recreate the entire subject NP or noun phrase thus:
Every computer, telecommunications device and every piece of software used by players to interact with the game, I Love Bees was also technology that could be used in the real world . . .
If you want to write an academic paper, do not use acronyms. Obviously people on the outside of the technical jargon will not know what it means. I can guess that CI work has to do with game design, but I neither play games nor understand them. The last game I played, in the 1980’s I think was something with Mario going up and down ladders, etc.

10:55 AM  
Blogger dashinithu said...

Nice post. Thanks to sharing your information.
Outdoor Furniture India

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home